The Valley Family Medicine Residency Program is a community-based graduate medical education training program committed to excellence in the teaching and professional development of highly qualified family physicians. The residency is fully accredited by the American Medical Association Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), and affiliated with the University of Washington Family Medicine Residency Network. The UW affiliation offers association with one of the top family medicine departments in the country. Shared program resources, curriculum and faculty development, didactics and information with other network programs helps to ensure the best graduate medical education training possible.
- Among the most highly ranked family medicine teaching sites for the University of Washington medical students
- Collegial relationships among residents and faculty
- Robust programmatic wellness culture and curriculum with active resident and faculty involvement
- Emphasis in obstetrics training that prepares residents to manage a full spectrum of obstetric cases for practice in urban or rural settings
- Specialty clinics providing residents opportunities to work with specialists and their own continuity patients include pediatric consultation, travel medicine, counseling clinic, psychiatry consultation, osteopathic manual manipulation, colposcopy, high risk obstetrics, gynecology procedures, Suboxone MAT
- Curriculum designed to train residents to provide quality patient care within an interdisciplinary team
- Innovative clinical educational models:
- Clinic First - designed to maximize continuity of care
- Focus Clinic - a one-to-one precepting model designed to teach and enhance doctor-patient relationships
- Highly economically and culturally diverse patient population
- Electronic Health Records using Epic
- Resident facilitated community outreach programs
- Integrated professional development and behavioral medicine curriculum that extends throughout the training program
UW Medicine | Valley Medical Center is the sponsoring institution and is the largest and most comprehensive medical complex in South King County, with a medical staff that represents virtually every clinical specialty and subspecialty in medicine.