The Valley Family Medicine Residency Program is a community-based graduate medical education training program committed to excellence in the teaching and professional development of highly qualified family physicians. The residency is fully accredited by the American Medical Association Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), and affiliated with the University of Washington Family Medicine Residency Network. The UW affiliation offers association with one of the top family medicine departments in the country. Shared program resources, curriculum and faculty development, didactics and information with other network programs helps to ensure the best graduate medical education training possible.
- Emphasis in obstetrics training that prepares residents to manage a full spectrum of obstetric cases for practice in urban or rural settings
- Specialty clinics in colposcopy, sports medicine, psychopharmacology, refugee medicine, and pediatrics
- Curriculum designed to train residents to provide quality patient care within an interdisciplinary team
- Innovative clinical educational models:
- Clinic First
- Focus Clinic
- Diverse patient population
- Electronic Health Records using Epic
- Resident facilitated community outreach programs
- Integrated professional development and behavioral medicine curriculum that extends throughout the training program
UW Medicine | Valley Medical Center is the sponsoring institution and is the largest and most comprehensive medical complex in South King County, with a medical staff that represents virtually every clinical specialty and subspecialty in medicine.